Saturday 7 February 2015

The New Year



A two week break and a road trip to Cape Reinga and back was just what the doctor ordered. 2014 was a productive but busy year and I needed some time off. A getaway was perfect for a break from the surroundings and to freshen up. I returned to Palmerston rejuvenated and ready to take on the new year. 
With the new year came new goals, new aspirations and new resolutions. It was also a time to reflect and hopefully improve on certain things. It's not easy to set personal and professional targets when one has so many things going on. However, it is not impossible either - well, setting goals isn't at least. Fruition is a separate thing and I guess only time will tell.

Squash - coaching and playing - took a lot of preference. Getting better and fitter is always on the list. Some big goals set this year and its going to be exciting working towards them. Off season training has been going great. Even managed to fit in a few matches at The Australia Day Challenge which was great. The season starts in April and I hope to be ready for action by then. 

Personal goals also demanded attention and rightly so. Self improvement in every aspect seems to be a lifelong goal. There is more to be done in terms of family as well and I hope to focus on this front as well this year. 

Professional goals have come on board recently as well. Things certainly look good if I can manage everything but I know I have to be realistic with things. A plan on how to achieve these targets is quite helpful. It looks like another busy year ahead. 

It feels like 2015 will be a great year! 

Sport Afterlife

Life after being a a squash professional seemed uncertain. Who am I, if not an athlete? What are my skills? What would I do for a liv...