Thursday 5 January 2012

The year ahead

There is a lot to take from 2011 with hope of putting all the knowledge to good use this year. Squash is good and the moral, confidence and motivation are high. Work still needs to be done in many areas which is challenging but at the same time great fun - especially with the off court life that professional Squash brings. Apart from preparation, results are of utmost importance. I am planning carefully to travel to various sized events in different parts of the world for yet another year. The quest is to push the ranking up as high as possible by choosing and then performing at the better tournaments on the world circuit.
PS ...

After a much needed break at the end of last month, I am back training in Leiden. To start again is always hard and the body is sore from the fitness work in the first week. The weekend will help settle it and I will be ready for a hard second week. Training with Bart van Agteren, Piedro and Raj has been working well and I plan to keep up with what we did last year and make enhancements along the way.

The first half of the year will see me continue playing in Europe as far as I have planned. Their are plenty of league matches and tournaments planned till March. The Irish tournaments in April are always good to play and I will be entering those as well. The primary goal of the year is to push the ranking back up to where it was two and a half years ago. The body has been responding well to training and I am confident of achieving this goal.

Let's see what 2012 has in store for us all.

PS ... try this when you're on court next.


Sport Afterlife

Life after being a a squash professional seemed uncertain. Who am I, if not an athlete? What are my skills? What would I do for a liv...